Temple Balsall is a welcoming community, proud of its heritage and committed to offering hospitality to all those who find their way here. Clustered around the 14th century church of St Mary the Virgin are the school and almshouses established by the will of Lady Katherine Leveson in 1674. Close to the church is the historic and ancient Old Hall of the Knights Templar, built soon after they were given the Manor of Balsall in the 12th century.
Today the work of care continues with the older people in the sheltered and residential accommodation of Lady Katherine Housing and Care, affectionately know as ‘The Court’, and the children of the thriving Lady Katherine Leveson Church of England Primary School.
Although St Mary’s Church is in a sparsely populated area, the welcome offered here has attracted many from surrounding areas who appreciate the more traditional style of worship and this tranquil and historic rural setting.
As part of this welcome and outreach the community organises frequent events covering a broad range of subjects. Teas are served every Sunday afternoon during the summer months in the Old Hall, and concerts and talks on local and natural history are presented throughout the year.
To receive regular updates about what is happening at Temple Balsall please subscribe to our email newsletter (email email@example.com) or visit here for the latest information.